Saturday, April 28, 2012

V For Victory

I've just started out on a month long workshop, learning how to re-create vintage hairstyles! Woot!
Anyone who knows me knows I have a soft spot for victory rolls, and this week was learning all about just that!
So here's my first crack ... yeah yeah it's messy, but for an hours worth of teaching, I think it's a pretty good first attempt. Believe it or not, these were achieved only after setting my whole head in hot rollers and going through nearly an entire can of hairspray. They stood the real test though - I managed to make it the whole way home on a typical windy Wellington night and still have the 'do' more or less intact!

Next week we're learning how to create a Betty Grable inspired style, so I'll show you the results if I can get a worthy shot!




And this is what I'm hoping to get it looking like after a lot of practice!


No comments:

Post a Comment